theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Under new rules when did you become spent?

Under new rules when did you become spent?

Author
forever changes
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Stig said...
I am not sure with mine. Someone confirm?

Convicted 3/6/2009
Licence ends 23/10/2010 21 months in total

Spent 23/10/2014

use the disclosure calculator on the main site https://www.disclosurecalculator.org.uk/
forever changes
forever changes
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)

April 2014 as opposed to July 2019
aim
aim
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

James,

I think you're right as you ignore the "suspended for" part. So in essence it's a six week sentence, and from the legislation:

"A custodial sentence of 6 months or less - The end of the period of 24 months beginning with the day on which the sentence (including any licence period) is completed"

18/1/2013 + 2 years = 18/1/2015
aim
aim
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Hi ChocMuffin,

I think it's going to be 23/07/2014 unless you had a court order which specified timescales in which case it is spent 12 months from the date that ended.

[12 months] "This period starts from the last day of when the order given by the court has effect. Where no such date is provided, the rehabilitation period for the order is 2 years, starting from the date of conviction."

From: hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/spent-now-brief-guide-changes-roa/
aim
aim
Supreme Being

Unfortunately there is no reduction in rehabilitation period if you're discharged early. See Section 139(7)(c) and (d) www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/10/section/139/enacted

(7)For the purposes of this section—
(c)no account is to be taken of any subsequent variation, made by a court dealing with a person in respect of a suspended sentence of imprisonment, of the term originally imposed,
(d)no account is to be taken of any subsequent variation of the day originally provided for by or under an order as the last day on which the order is to have effect,
d211q2
d211q2
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)

Now - SPENT!

Previously - 20th June 2015

It's "only" an extra 15 months (so pales into insignificance with some of those with years and years) but will make a big difference to me as am about to apply for a series of jobs that will require disclosure of unspent convictions, and also a mortgage in a few months time.

To all the team at Unlock, very many thanks indeed.
The Stig
The Stig
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)

I have already did this but seems to be wrong to me. 03/03/2015 spent don,t seem to be right to me.

We all accept our crimes but should we be punished more for it?

The Stig
The Stig
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)Supreme Being (9.6K reputation)

I am not sure with mine. Someone confirm?

Convicted 3/6/2009
Licence ends 23/10/2010 21 months in total

Spent 23/10/2014

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)Supreme Being (84K reputation)

Hi James

Exactly right - 18/01/2015.

We have been receiving lots of enquiries regarding the Disclosure Calculator. We are working on this going live with the changes on 10th March.

Best wishes

Unlock Helpline

Unlock Helpline - confidential peer advice on overcoming the effects of criminal convictions

Call: 01634 247350 (Press 1)
Text: 07824 113848
Email: advice@unlock.org.uk
Write: Helpline, Unlock, 35a High Street, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5AG

Find online self-information information, visit hub.unlock.org.uk

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
caterpillar
caterpillar
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)

Now: March 2022

New date: March 2018

GO