theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Abh/gbh

Abh/gbh

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)Supreme Being (92K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

Ben's totally right ABH/GBH offences are not eligible for filtering.

Also, if you have more than one conviction,that too would make the convictions ineligible for filtering.

Feel free to ring the Unlock Helpline if you need any further help.

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
BenS
BenS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)Supreme Being (50K reputation)

Hi ievs76.

Below is a link to the list of all offences that will never be filtered. Unfortunately this includes many ABH/GBH convictions under the Offences Against the Person Act.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-list-of-offences-that-will-never-be-filtered-from-a-criminal-record-check
ievs76
ievs76
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)

Does anyone have any information regarding dbs filtering and previous abh and gbh convictions? One offence was 15 years ago and the other about 5 years ago.

How will this effect me?
ievs76
ievs76
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)Supreme Being (628 reputation)

I have had the DBS check for the football club I coach. I coach my son football team which is the disability football section of the club. How will this affect me? Will I automatically be barred?
GO