theForum

Back from Spain

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic11173.aspx

By Victor H - 15 Dec 13 7:37 PM

Hi bachman and thanks for returning to post information, always good to know peoples travelling woes and success I say this often like a broken tape but most just travel and never post back.

I suspect the guy who travelled without notification probably feels he is not an criminal and does not agree with any part of the notification, some see it as a major privacy violation also so am not surprised he did so for 3 years, we have to remember only in English speaking countries such witch hunts exist I would be 10x more worried if I was sitting next to a murderer or thug but no such register would ever exist for that since it was expose the fakeness of any register. Europe and other places no such witch hunt exist and if it does its only once and no travel notification naturally.
By Harry53 - 26 Jan 20 10:21 PM

JohnL - 10 Sep 15 1:13 PM
That's the concern, isn't it?

I got taken aside in May when SISII 2 was first activated, and the French border agent didn't have a clue what was going on. I'd imagine when it happens next time they will be a lot more clued up...

Question is how do we know if a Green Notice has been issued? Immigration certainly won't say, ??
By dicky6 - 15 Nov 12 9:55 PM

Hello, been a while since I contributed on here.

My conviction nearly 5 years ago, and now spent, has never caused any issues apart from when re-entering Britain where the passport chaps simple ask where I have been.

However, a few weeks ago I flew into Spain and was confronted by the passport scanners. To my surprise the scanner bleeped and and i was taken to one side and asked all sorts of silly questions. the spanish police didnt seem to have a clue what to do. Only when my wife walked over could you see the sense of relief on the policeman's face and he apologised and waved me on.

I didnt think that that type of info was shared, or maybe it is just a flag on the passport.

On arriving back, it was simple 'hello Mr ..... where have you travelled from?' and that was that.

I guess what Im saying is be prepared when travelling abroad in future!