theForum

Applying for a uk passport when on licence

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic11452.aspx

By Daniellem - 17 Nov 14 6:57 PM

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if anybody has the answer I am looking for . My partner is currently serving 28 months for burglary and will be out in 14 I want to know if he can apply and get a new passport when he gets out or will he have to wait until his license has finished.? Thanks in advance !!
By Deb S - 16 Sep 11 1:36 PM

Hi Daniellem

There's nothing stopping him applying for a new passport upon release and this is often needed by employers when proving that somebody has the right to work in the UK.

However, he will need the permission of probation to travel abroad and the general presumption is that somebody on Licence is only able to travel in exceptional circumstances. With this in mind, he may feel that it will be worth waiting until his Licence has finished.

Hope this helps.

Unlock Helpline

Unlock Helpline - confidential peer advice on overcoming the effects of criminal convictions

Call: 01634 247350
Text: 07824 113848
Email: advice@unlock.org.uk
Write: Helpline, Unlock, Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME6 5AG

For online self-information information, visit hub.unlock.org.uk

By marcusnicholas - 3 Feb 15 11:57 AM

hi Daniellem
Below I am sharing a link I hope it will help you to out of your questions?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/309596/Guidance_notes_4_14.pdf
By oliviathomas - 10 Feb 15 10:11 AM

thanks for you advice marcus
By oliviathomas - 10 Feb 15 10:11 AM

hi friends below i am sharing the needed documents for passport

Other identity documents are accepted if you don’t have a biometric passport.
a current passport
a biometric residence permit (formerly known as the identity card for foreign nationals)
a UK certificate of naturalisation
Send the original document with your driving licence application. Photocopies or laminated certificates are not accepted.