theForum

Really struggling at the minute....

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic24666.aspx

By Dave Lister - 12 Jul 17 9:11 PM

So, where do I begin? Nearly 19 months into a 36 month community sentence and I'm still getting verbal abuse from a neighbour for my conviction. I'm trying my best to stay positive but this guy is just like a mood-hoover. The papers did a hatchet-job, they take glee from it. It's not helping with my suicidal thoughts I keep on having. My predicament is self-inflicted of course.

Tips for staying sane?

Thanks

DL
By link - 16 Jul 17 11:11 PM

Dave Lister - 12 Jul 17 9:11 PM
So, where do I begin? Nearly 19 months into a 36 month community sentence and I'm still getting verbal abuse from a neighbour for my conviction. I'm trying my best to stay positive but this guy is just like a mood-hoover. The papers did a hatchet-job, they take glee from it. It's not helping with my suicidal thoughts I keep on having. My predicament is self-inflicted of course.

Tips for staying sane?

Thanks

DL

Reminds me of a previous time in my life... The verbal abuse, the wild accusations, the eggs at the front door, bricks at the windows and the attempted break in's to no doubt "do me over", and this was a respectable place to live but it's amazing how people turn a blind eye when they feel like it! 

It's amazing how irrational some people become, from there own perspective they just don't want you in there bubble or should I say they would rather live in the knowledge of not knowing. Don't take it personally just keep your head down and your spirit up... Moving for me was the best thing I did to feel "safe" physically and emotionally, it wasn't financially the easiest solution as I had to rent my old house out for several years before I was in a position to sell up. 

In terms of staying sane suicide is just letting them win and why give them the benefit, as said keep a diary of events and report them for harassment etc. The papers and the Internet are there to spread fear and make money nothing more, ignore it as there's nothing you can do about it now so your only beating yourself up about it.

Start thinking long term, I know at the moment everything might be a day by day basis but consider where do you want to be in five or ten years time? What job might you enjoy doing? Where do you want to call home?