theForum

How far?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic25995.aspx

By CC - 12 Apr 19 2:14 PM

I went to my local police station recently as a requirement. It is probably going to be the last visit as it will soon be closed. So my next visit although a while off is going to involve some travel to the next "nearest". I suppose the answer of how far are we expected to travel is "as far as it takes".
Does anyone know if there is a limit, I know this is a long shot (no pun intended) 
By AB2014 - 4 Jun 19 12:43 PM

Hola - 3 Jun 19 5:49 PM
CC - 12 Apr 19 2:14 PM
I went to my local police station recently as a requirement. It is probably going to be the last visit as it will soon be closed. So my next visit although a while off is going to involve some travel to the next "nearest". I suppose the answer of how far are we expected to travel is "as far as it takes".
Does anyone know if there is a limit, I know this is a long shot (no pun intended) 

Just reading this ... Not sure I'm answering the right question (!?), but my understanding is you have to register and then re-register 12 months later etc withing 3 days of being put on the SOR
Hope that helps

You have to register either within 3 days of being put on the SOR or within 3 days of leaving prison, whichever applies or is the later date. For an indefinite notification period, that would be the start of the 15 years before the possibility of applying to come off the SOR.