theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

How far?

How far?

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hola - 3 Jun 19 5:49 PM
CC - 12 Apr 19 2:14 PM
I went to my local police station recently as a requirement. It is probably going to be the last visit as it will soon be closed. So my next visit although a while off is going to involve some travel to the next "nearest". I suppose the answer of how far are we expected to travel is "as far as it takes".
Does anyone know if there is a limit, I know this is a long shot (no pun intended) 

Just reading this ... Not sure I'm answering the right question (!?), but my understanding is you have to register and then re-register 12 months later etc withing 3 days of being put on the SOR
Hope that helps

You have to register either within 3 days of being put on the SOR or within 3 days of leaving prison, whichever applies or is the later date. For an indefinite notification period, that would be the start of the 15 years before the possibility of applying to come off the SOR.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Hola
Hola
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

I went to my local police station recently as a requirement. It is probably going to be the last visit as it will soon be closed. So my next visit although a while off is going to involve some travel to the next "nearest". I suppose the answer of how far are we expected to travel is "as far as it takes".
Does anyone know if there is a limit, I know this is a long shot (no pun intended) 

Just reading this ... Not sure I'm answering the right question (!?), but my understanding is you have to register and then re-register 12 months later etc withing 3 days of being put on the SOR
Hope that helps

BenS
BenS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)

Outsourced - 12 Apr 19 7:26 PM
Remember to arrive five minutes before closing time. Then take your time to slowly go through the paperwork. Weekends and BH are the best time as the staffing is minimal and your keeping then from going home greatly appreciated by those on duty. 

I did this once on a bank holiday (unintentionally, am self-employed online from home with international clients, so didn't even realise it was a bank holiday) and the desk guy was OK with it, as he said he was on double pay by the hour, so it went into the next hour and he would make another cup of tea and stretch it out.
Edited
5 Years Ago by BenS
Outsourced
Outsourced
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)

Remember to arrive five minutes before closing time. Then take your time to slowly go through the paperwork. Weekends and BH are the best time as the staffing is minimal and your keeping then from going home greatly appreciated by those on duty. 

Hola
Hola
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

There's no limit, you just need to meet the notification requirements
There is a list of ' approved ' police stations though

CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

GO