theForum

CRIMINAL RECORD

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic26401.aspx

By DavidO - 2 Sep 19 8:57 PM

Hello guys.
l was convicted by court on 26th June 2015. My offence was having care of ill treat/wilfully neglect a person without mental capacity and I received a community sentence of 120 hours with a fine. Now l want to renew my SIA badge and apply for my British citizenship. Please can someone share his/her experience when l can apply for SIA badge or British citizenship. I need to get to work as soon as possible. Thanks 
By DavidO - 3 Sep 19 11:31 AM

AB2014 - 3 Sep 19 10:03 AM
DavidO - 2 Sep 19 8:57 PM
Hello guys.
l was convicted by court on 26th June 2015. My offence was having care of ill treat/wilfully neglect a person without mental capacity and I received a community sentence of 120 hours with a fine. Now l want to renew my SIA badge and apply for my British citizenship. Please can someone share his/her experience when l can apply for SIA badge or British citizenship. I need to get to work as soon as possible. Thanks 

I've just had a quick look at the SIA's Criminal Record Indicator, which seems to say they would accept your application to renew, but it's worth checking it for yourself. They do consider it a relevant offence, but their handbook also says they would grant your licence.

As for British citizenship, there is information on the Unlock website here. As it was a community sentence, you would have to wait 3 years after conviction before you can apply, and that time is already up.

Thanks and appreciated for the information