theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

CRIMINAL RECORD

CRIMINAL RECORD

Author
DavidO
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello guys.
l was convicted by court on 26th June 2015. My offence was having care of ill treat/wilfully neglect a person without mental capacity and I received a community sentence of 120 hours with a fine. Now l want to renew my SIA badge and apply for my British citizenship. Please can someone share his/her experience when l can apply for SIA badge or British citizenship. I need to get to work as soon as possible. Thanks 

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)Supreme Being (161K reputation)

DavidO - 2 Sep 19 8:57 PM
Hello guys.
l was convicted by court on 26th June 2015. My offence was having care of ill treat/wilfully neglect a person without mental capacity and I received a community sentence of 120 hours with a fine. Now l want to renew my SIA badge and apply for my British citizenship. Please can someone share his/her experience when l can apply for SIA badge or British citizenship. I need to get to work as soon as possible. Thanks 

I've just had a quick look at the SIA's Criminal Record Indicator, which seems to say they would accept your application to renew, but it's worth checking it for yourself. They do consider it a relevant offence, but their handbook also says they would grant your licence.

As for British citizenship, there is information on the Unlock website here. As it was a community sentence, you would have to wait 3 years after conviction before you can apply, and that time is already up.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

DavidO
DavidO
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)Supreme Being (469 reputation)

AB2014 - 3 Sep 19 10:03 AM
DavidO - 2 Sep 19 8:57 PM
Hello guys.

I've just had a quick look at the SIA's Criminal Record Indicator, which seems to say they would accept your application to renew, but it's worth checking it for yourself. They do consider it a relevant offence, but their handbook also says they would grant your licence.

As for British citizenship, there is information on the Unlock website here. As it was a community sentence, you would have to wait 3 years after conviction before you can apply, and that time is already up.

Thanks and appreciated for the information

GO