theForum

Can You Travel to Vietnam With a Criminal Record?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32103.aspx

By Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 10:55 AM

I am interested in visiting my boyfriend in HCM Vietnam later this year, if covid allows. I am on a 10 yr SOR. Here is what I found. if anyone has other information please share :

Yes, in most cases,
 it is possible to visit Vietnam with a criminal record.As a rule, Vietnamese border authorities do not run a detailed background check on travellers’ criminal histories. The country’s immigration officers do not have access to criminal records in other nations.This should not be taken for granted, however. Border officials may refuse entry to any traveler at their own discretion.

By JASB - 21 Jan 22 3:54 PM

Harry53 - 20 Jan 22 11:38 AM
JASB - 18 Jan 22 4:20 PM
Harry53 - 18 Jan 22 3:45 PM
JASB - 8 Jan 22 2:08 PM
Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 10:55 AM
I am interested in visiting my boyfriend in HCM Vietnam later this year, if covid allows. I am on a 10 yr SOR. Here is what I found. if anyone has other information please share :

Yes, in most cases,
 it is possible to visit Vietnam with a criminal record.As a rule, Vietnamese border authorities do not run a detailed background check on travellers’ criminal histories. The country’s immigration officers do not have access to criminal records in other nations.This should not be taken for granted, however. Border officials may refuse entry to any traveler at their own discretion.

Hi
As I assume you will still be under PPU for your visit, please see my other posts as your first huddle will be your PPU consent as SE Asia is classed as a high risk area.
Everything else I feel you would be very lucky; using my experience (when I visited when I was on bail though)
I have found (11 yrs ago) which ever border you crossed the experience was different. 
Good luck

Thanks. I would not expect to get a green notice as he knows I have a boyfriend there and that I am 100% clean now; however who knows what might happen when immigration view.

hi
Good luck, as i mentioned i have many happy memories of visiting again.
If you could and as i would like to visit again please update us on if you are successful

I will. I cannot get my money out of Vietnam unless I go there and can't wait to see him and savour the food and culture

Hi
Money; I was the same with Thailand and had to write it off. Unless you have someone you trust to take it out and send it to you that is.

Everything else: Sorry it is an undisclosed part of the punishment. No matter the distance the pain is the same but it will ease because you cannot let be the sole focus of your life