theForum

Help with disclosure ?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32691.aspx

By Mark15788 - 23 Jun 22 7:48 PM

So as some might have read, I started the vetting process off for a civil service job I was offered.

However I interviewed for another job, it’s part time, work from home, admin with a small organisation, they don’t DBS check and as far as I can tell they won’t ask me about unspent convictions.

So far -

1. They interviewed me.
2. Offered me the role.
3. Taken up references and they have come back.
4. Asked for my right to work which I’ve provided
5. Asked for my P45
6. Confirmed my 3 days I’ll work
7. Going to send contract to my home address and email.

I think I’ve literally been offered it properly by sounds of it and nothing asked. So unless some form comes with the contract, I’m not obliged to tell them, correct?

As a reminder I am subject to notification requirements and on a SHPO which has 10 months left.

What’s the situation with the police?

I’m managed via the neighbourhood team and therefore the PC is hard to get hold of. I have rang and text and no reply.

Should I still inform them and ask if they intend to disclose? As I’d rather know before I start and then they choose to do so.

What do I do if the PC doesn’t reply soon? As they had a intended start date for me as 1st July. Have I the right to ask to speak to MOSOVO and get someone to confirm if they will disclose or not?
By JASB - 25 Oct 23 2:32 PM

Mo22 - 24 Oct 23 5:40 AM
It’s now been disclosed. They haven’t left. A bit distant and had brief chats about it so have to see how it goes. OM has spoken to them and will meet on next visit. I worried now they might do the same and try to convince them to not be my friend. Does anyone have any experience being on a shpo living with someone? I wouldn’t feel comfortable having my friend in on visits while PPU going through my devices and asking personal questions. Also don’t want my friend going through stress because of my risk management.

Hi
One surprise visit on me happened when a female friend was at my home. They questioned her on what she knew, did we have an intimate relationship and her thoughts on my offence.

She just answered the questions she was comfortable with and supported me i.e. she knew and respected my honesty towards her.

Just be aware they will be wanting to look at the bigger picture e.g. are you declaring or trying to hide things from your friend or them? I would have a chat with your friend and advise them they do not have to answer if it breaks their privacy boundaries, they should just question why they are being asked the question if it is not in relation to you! They should focus on being honest and expressing their support in their interactions with you only. They do not have to disclose details about themselves in depth.