theForum

Spreading my name

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic33863.aspx

By Fylde-boy - 7 May 23 12:42 PM

I have a request in with the court to vary an order.   The order was made when I lived at address A but I have lived at various addresses, having spent the last 5 years at address B.  I have notified the court and police of address B.

Today, I recieved a letter from the court at address B, CC'd to address A.

This contained my name, my current address and basics of my offence.  Has anyone done anything wrong here?  It seems unfair that the current occupant of address A now has my full details (Data protection?)
By Lineofduty - 11 May 23 2:33 PM

Fylde-boy - 7 May 23 12:42 PM
I have a request in with the court to vary an order.   The order was made when I lived at address A but I have lived at various addresses, having spent the last 5 years at address B.  I have notified the court and police of address B.

Today, I recieved a letter from the court at address B, CC'd to address A.

This contained my name, my current address and basics of my offence.  Has anyone done anything wrong here?  It seems unfair that the current occupant of address A now has my full details (Data protection?)

The notification of a change of registered address (and certainly one where that new address appears on say a driving licence) should be updated on police and agency records when you notify as
it does with change of D/Lic and Passports.
It's no excuse but i've seen copies of internal emails which have to be CC'd to a number of agencies and force dept's including the original PPU/Force dept if you've changes areas/counties.
Depending on the reply you get will determine any further enquiries, but even if it was a breach of GDPR you would have to show some distress or inconvenience that was occurring to get any
compensation. If you feel you have a case to answer then write to them first, then if no joy report the court and/or Force/xxxx to the IOC as this is free and they are independent.  If they were to rule
in your favour then you could use that "judgement" to apply for appropriate compensation.