theForum

Will my conviction show up on standard / enhanced DBS?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic33884.aspx

By dave_uk - 10 May 23 8:19 PM

Hi, I had posted this in the end of my other topic but with the board not being very active these days, i thought a new topic might be better.

It's now been about 13/14 years since the conviction.
I don't have the paperwork I got at the time, so a bit sketchy on detail now. I am pretty certain is section 39 common assault.
I got 180 hours community service. I don't recall if I got a suspended sentence or not, although would this not be the case if I got a community order?
Would you generally not get both and only one?
The other thing I am a bit worried about is I read that with an enhanced check, can show information that's on the PNC.
I used the calculator, which seems to show that my offence should now be filtered. Has anything changed where I can find out? Without applying for a job, that is.
In the whole time, I have not applied for any other job, literally out of just being scared of losing my current job and then not being able to get another one if that happened.
I work in the NHS, and they never knew about it, but really worried if I applied for a new job and anything showed up, I would potentially lose everything. Would anything on the PNC show on an enhanced check just because it's the NHS and the nature of that job? I don't actually work with patients directly.

I just feel I cannot apply for anything else until I know where I stand, without applying for a job to find out. Because applying for a job might be what could then end up effecting me.
If anyone can help, that would be great.