theForum

State pension: how a spell inside affects someone's pension

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic34199.aspx

By Star - 11 Sep 23 9:19 PM

Hi everyone, I'm doing some thinking ahead as my partner (aged 76 last July) faces a real prospect of going to prison following a 3rd breach of his restraining order based on allegations by the neighbour.  I understand his old age pension will stop if he is sent down, what I'm unsure about is what to do when he is released.  Would it automatically resume (doubtful) or do we need to contact someone like the DWP?  If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would be very grateful, and naturally if anyone has some additional information about the state pension and prison that would also be very welcome.  Thank you. 
By Star - 12 Sep 23 11:08 PM

AB2014 - 12 Sep 23 10:27 AM
Star - 11 Sep 23 9:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm doing some thinking ahead as my partner (aged 76 last July) faces a real prospect of going to prison following a 3rd breach of his restraining order based on allegations by the neighbour.  I understand his old age pension will stop if he is sent down, what I'm unsure about is what to do when he is released.  Would it automatically resume (doubtful) or do we need to contact someone like the DWP?  If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would be very grateful, and naturally if anyone has some additional information about the state pension and prison that would also be very welcome.  Thank you. 

Unlock has some useful information here.

Thank you, this is really helpful.