theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

State pension: how a spell inside affects someone's pension

State pension: how a spell inside affects someone's pension

Author
Star
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, I'm doing some thinking ahead as my partner (aged 76 last July) faces a real prospect of going to prison following a 3rd breach of his restraining order based on allegations by the neighbour.  I understand his old age pension will stop if he is sent down, what I'm unsure about is what to do when he is released.  Would it automatically resume (doubtful) or do we need to contact someone like the DWP?  If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would be very grateful, and naturally if anyone has some additional information about the state pension and prison that would also be very welcome.  Thank you. 
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)Supreme Being (164K reputation)

Star - 11 Sep 23 9:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm doing some thinking ahead as my partner (aged 76 last July) faces a real prospect of going to prison following a 3rd breach of his restraining order based on allegations by the neighbour.  I understand his old age pension will stop if he is sent down, what I'm unsure about is what to do when he is released.  Would it automatically resume (doubtful) or do we need to contact someone like the DWP?  If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would be very grateful, and naturally if anyone has some additional information about the state pension and prison that would also be very welcome.  Thank you. 

Unlock has some useful information here.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Star
Star
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)Supreme Being (3.2K reputation)

AB2014 - 12 Sep 23 10:27 AM
Star - 11 Sep 23 9:19 PM

Unlock has some useful information here.

Thank you, this is really helpful.  
GO