theForum

Google RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic34530.aspx

By Good man - 22 Jan 24 2:35 PM

Hi guys, im new on here and would like some advice on a few things but todays first enquiry is about how to have Google take down any links regarding news about my conviction. My conviction from about 4 years ago now was being in possession of indecent images of minors, all be it at the very lower end of the scale.
I wrote to google asking for my links to be taken down as it feels like a noose around my neck and i feel i cant move on and normalise with that hanging over me, not to mention the fact that someone i know or down know can still access that horrible news with all my personal details including my name etc?
I applied about 2 years ago and was refused and told that its too early to apply,
HAS ANYONE HERE APPLIED FOR THE RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN BY GOOGLE AND HAD SUCCESS?
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS REGARDING HOW TO GO ABOUT DOING IT ?

Also My PPO recently changed and a new lady marched in my flat like the new sheriff in town saying that i had to have an app called ESAFE installed on my phone and laptop as a monitoring service and did i have it , i told her NO and it was the first ive even heard about it !
I dont remember seeing it on my SOPO, i wonder if im being tricked into something that i dont need to even had, no previous PPO,s even mentioned such an app.
I cant help feeling the police are taking liberties with this? Any thoughts ?

BTW, i am not working and am on benefits, i can not afford a lower or solicitor to ask for advice on these matters, does anyone within the London region(North) have any suggestions of solicitors who can provide legal aid so i can take my case back to court and get general advice??

Finally, I received a 6 month sentence and served it as well as a 3 year probation period (all finished now) and like i said my offence was at the very lower end of the scale (not making excuses) However i was given an INDEFINATE SOPO period wgich seems very harsh, i met many guys who had commited much serious sexual offences who only where given 10 years ! How would i contest this ? I really dont know where to start with all this stuff and would really appretiate any advice from fellow persons on the SOR.

Thank you

By khafka - 23 Jan 24 6:02 PM

Mr W - 23 Jan 24 5:38 PM
PS. How are you getting on Khafka? Does it feel more like living in the real world again? Mental health doing well with consistent work etc? Meeting people? No more unannounced knocks lol

Honestly, doesn't feel that much different. The Google effect was still at the back of my mind but I've addressed that and as of this afternoon they said they'll be removing the results which is obviously fantastic news.

Mental health has gotten a bit better, I'm on medication and have been for a wee while now which I feel is helping, thanks for asking! I've had a couple of unannounced knocks but thankfully nothing bad, just E.ON wanting to read my gas meter! haha