theForum

Supervised visits

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic34680.aspx

By Armantha - 23 Mar 24 10:57 AM

Hi all
Last June I was arrested and charged with sharing a cat c video on an app . I was placed in custody , sent to court the next day and pleaded guilty due to the fact the police told me I had shared it and my solicitor told me to.I have no recollection of it due to my shameful abuse of alcohol after the breakdown of my marriage and losing my home and children shortly before the incident .The police ceased all my devices but never returned with any other concerns .A year down the line and social services have carried out the child in need plan . They have concluded there are no issues but will place a caveat on recommended supervision . This is going to reduce the time with my children . Also at this time I am currently divorcing my wife who is no cooperating well. Question is can I do anything to challenge the caveat . I am frustrated there has been no assessment on me as a father only on alcohol which I have completed a programme with probation with no concerns . These kids are my reason for living
Dad
By JASB - 17 Apr 24 9:26 AM

Armantha - 16 Apr 24 5:09 PM
Hi Update , I've had the children in need report back after chasing it four times and it being 3 weeks late .The teams meeting was as positive as it could be , however the report does not reflect this .It also has many inaccuracies and untruthful comments Some of which I can prove on previous emails / documents Is it worth challenging it or would I be wasting my time

Hi
Thank you for your previous words.
Can I suggest the following but also advise you to remove any and all emotions / frustrations from your mind whilst working on this.

First: if you list the different errors, then match the documentation up to each of their errors you have a starting point.
Anything you do not have documentation for then I would suggest you just put it to one side.

Second: I would write a "case" for each error separately and double check your facts; if you have someone you trust get them to read to ensure it makes sense and things like the spelling and grammar is correct.

Once you are happy with your "evidence" write a polite letter referring to their report and the errors you have noticed and ask for a meeting to discuss and present your evidence to them. At this stage I would not provide them with the evidence as - being cynical - it would give them more time to finding support for their report.!!

In my experience unless you have the "facts" that they should also have, then if will be a hard task to change anything. You have to patenice, self belief and remember others may see things in a different perspective to you.

Remember "heresay" is just that so is easily dismissed, and used against you as not knowing the true facts or they consentrate on those elements as a distraction from the "facts" you have presented and do not wish to talk about.

99% of my discussions have eventually succeeded by having factual information, being respectful in my lanugage and knowledgable of all the aspects by looking at the "error" from their perspective and possible agenda.

Sometimes the truth is only the perspective that is seen by an individual and there are many perspectives to a single event