theForum

Unemployed and need help

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic34702.aspx

By Charlie 23 - 13 Apr 24 10:06 AM

I've been having trouble getting and keeping a job due to an online journalist posting untrue facts online, I have tried to get this person to remove the post but made it worse, everyone I go for a job interview and disclose my criminal record they go online and read this post and I'm unsuccessful. I'm now into my 3rd month and I feel like giving up on life. 
Is there anyone who can help? 
Thanks
By Dean91 - 14 Apr 24 8:36 PM

The best piece of advice I will give is not to lose any hope. The media like to “gloss” over facts and indeed could alter them entirely. I understand the frustration about getting a job and it being so easy to google everything these days.

There are are jobs out there that disclosure need not happen, if you are your 3rd month in, I take this to mean 3 months into your sentence?. I presume you have probation?

If you have probation I would talk to them about this, they can find ways to help, particularly if you need to write a disclosure letter(I had my Probation Officer help do mine) and they was fantastic, they may also have a service locally to help improve job searches or help with your CV.

There is always hope, having a job is fantastic, during my. Journey so far, I have held several agency jobs, and I am now studying towards a degree with the view to complete my MSc.

You will find lots of support on here Smile.