theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Vigilantes found guilty of false imprisonment

Vigilantes found guilty of false imprisonment

Author
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
khafka - 1 Jun 23 4:49 AM
Lineofduty - 31 May 23 11:53 AM
punter99 - 27 May 23 2:53 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12128395/Two-paedophile-hunters-wrongly-accused-father-sexting-child-branded-rapist.html#comments

A good news story, of sorts. Most of the comments were hostile to the vigilantes as well, which I take to be a positive sign.

"Miller has previous convictions for impersonating a police officer, violent disorder and witness intimidation."
So this 'up standing citizen', is just as much of  a 'wrong un' as the people he is trying to catch. Total hypocrite.

Oh, for a second i thought it was going to refer to that other upstanding citizen Christopher Whitwer of Exeter, or HMP, wherever he runs his sordid little operation from these days...

I still can't understand why he hasn't been pulled up for it properly yet.

He was dragged into court and forced to remove it last time and I believe was told not to do it again under threat of a 'proper' punishment. He then stated how he'd do it again almost as soon as he walked out the doors of the court.

Presumably the only things he can be prosecuted for are breaches of GDPR, but if everything he publishes is already in the public domain, it is legal.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

Lineofduty - 31 May 23 11:53 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12128395/Two-paedophile-hunters-wrongly-accused-father-sexting-child-branded-rapist.html#comments

A good news story, of sorts. Most of the comments were hostile to the vigilantes as well, which I take to be a positive sign.

"Miller has previous convictions for impersonating a police officer, violent disorder and witness intimidation."
So this 'up standing citizen', is just as much of  a 'wrong un' as the people he is trying to catch. Total hypocrite.

Oh, for a second i thought it was going to refer to that other upstanding citizen Christopher Whitwer of Exeter, or HMP, wherever he runs his sordid little operation from these days...

I still can't understand why he hasn't been pulled up for it properly yet.

He was dragged into court and forced to remove it last time and I believe was told not to do it again under threat of a 'proper' punishment. He then stated how he'd do it again almost as soon as he walked out the doors of the court.

Lineofduty
Lineofduty
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

GO