theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Free money - No B.S

Free money - No B.S

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Jamie7718 - 10 Mar 24 6:00 PM
JASB - 10 Mar 24 3:08 PM
Jamie7718 - 9 Mar 24 6:56 PM
JASB - 9 Mar 24 4:06 PM
Jamie7718 - 9 Mar 24 8:52 AM
JamesZ - 8 Mar 24 1:23 PM
Hi guys. Thought I'd share a way to make a few extra quid which can be hard with convictions. Not gonna make you rich but can make a few quid.

Free books from places like Gumtree, friends, Facebook Marketplace (if you're allowed etc) and I'm finding some in Tesco.

Send them free with apps like Ziffit and We Buy Books etc.

Hope that helps!

Sounds good. I have a job interview coming up very soon.It's completely ruined my weekend. I am just constantly worrying about it. If I do get the job who i'm going to bump into. Just all sorts of thoughts. I just want to win the lottery and go live on an island lol. 

Hi

Its hard but do think positive as you have got a job! 
Remember to only focus on what you control not what you cannot!

Not many know the full truth behind your conviction so just ignore the "Facebook " crowd.
good luck and believe in yourself.

It's the fact that I have to tell the truth to a random stranger in order to even be considered for the job. I have to tell the person the very worst part of myself. Just for him to say no thanks. Look elsewhere! but you never know.

Hi
Obviously the journey we now follow is one of others judging us on limited information; yet hiding their own mistakes.

Many here will of read my own attempts (over 2k) at securing employment and failing. My story is of one who was sort out for roles, only to be pushed away when I declare. Whilst on licence my PO insisted it was my "lack of understanding of my offence" meant my declaration was "not one of admittance and repentance"! Though when we held "exercises" he could not say how I should amend my approach!

I say the above no other purpose than to encourage you to remember that when you "declare at interview" you have so many others sat behind you trying to encourage you to have self belief in your "honesty and repentance" and quite simply wishing to be a productive part of society.

When there is doubt, you only have your self belief to encourage you to succeed
Thank you for your post, I'm sorry I hijacked this post. I should of made my own. But I am just stressing out about this so much. Its ruined my whole weekend. 

Its hard not to think about these aspects of your life but be strong and focus.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JamesZ
JamesZ
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Jamie7718 - 10 Mar 24 6:00 PM
Hi guys. Thought I'd share a way to make a few extra quid which can be hard with convictions. Not gonna make you rich but can make a few quid.

Free books from places like Gumtree, friends, Facebook Marketplace (if you're allowed etc) and I'm finding some in Tesco.

Hope that helps!

Sounds good. I have a job interview coming up very soon.It's completely ruined my weekend. I am just constantly worrying about it. If I do get the job who i'm going to bump into. Just all sorts of thoughts. I just want to win the lottery and go live on an island lol. 

Hi

Not many know the full truth behind your conviction so just ignore the "Facebook " crowd.

It's the fact that I have to tell the truth to a random stranger in order to even be considered for the job. I have to tell the person the very worst part of myself. Just for him to say no thanks. Look elsewhere! but you never know.

Hi
Obviously the journey we now follow is one of others judging us on limited information; yet hiding their own mistakes.

Many here will of read my own attempts (over 2k) at securing employment and failing. My story is of one who was sort out for roles, only to be pushed away when I declare. Whilst on licence my PO insisted it was my "lack of understanding of my offence" meant my declaration was "not one of admittance and repentance"! Though when we held "exercises" he could not say how I should amend my approach!

I say the above no other purpose than to encourage you to remember that when you "declare at interview" you have so many others sat behind you trying to encourage you to have self belief in your "honesty and repentance" and quite simply wishing to be a productive part of society.

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry I hijacked this post. I should of made my own. But I am just stressing out about this so much. Its ruined my whole weekend. 

No problem
Jamie7718
Jamie7718
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)

Hope that helps!

Hi

Hi

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Hope that helps!

Hi

Hi

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Jamie7718
Jamie7718
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)Supreme Being (2K reputation)

Hope that helps!

Hi

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Hope that helps!

Hi

JamesZ
JamesZ
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

Hope that helps!

Hope your job goes well! I can post a few more money tips if anyone's interested?
Jamie7718
Jamie7718
Supreme Being

Hope that helps!

JamesZ
JamesZ
Supreme Being

Hope that helps!
GO