theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Do you know whether your cautions and/or convictions will be removed from your standard or enhanced...

Do you know whether your cautions and/or convictions will be removed...

Author
Davy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
AB2014 - 3 Dec 20 11:22 AM
Davy - 30 Nov 20 7:48 PM
AB2014 - 30 Nov 20 11:07 AM
Davy - 28 Nov 20 3:55 PM
Deb S - 28 Nov 20 8:25 AM
On 28 November 2020, the long awaited changes to the rules on what is disclosed on (and removed from) standard and enhanced criminal record checks come into effect.

We've published updated guidance which explains the new rules.

If you're applying for a job that involves a standard or enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, cautions or convictions that would be removed (filtered) won't be included on your standard and enhanced certificate.

It's thought that these changes will mean around 45,000 people a year will now have a clear standard or enhanced DBS check, so it's worth finding out whether you'll be one of them.

Are harassment without violence is sexual offence? Can it be filtered after 6 years? I did send unwanted messages with sexual nature messages like 'dick pick'.

I'd guess it depends on exactly what offence you were cautioned for. If it's on the list of offences that will not be filtered, then it won't be filtered. If it's not on that list, it should be filtered after 6 years.

Harassment without violence AND Send letter / communication / article conveying indecent / offensive message. Can it be filtered? I don't see them on this list at all and police told me I will have no criminal record.

I've had a look through the list of offences that will not be filtered, which is the official list for reference, and neither offence appears to be on it. They didn't involve violence or stalking and they weren't racially or religiously motivated, so they should be filterable. If they're cautions, that would be after 6 years if you were 18 or over when you received the cautions.

As far as I understand, I got just one conditional caution for two offences? Or it's two cautions?
Edited
4 Years Ago by Davy
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Davy - 30 Nov 20 7:48 PM
On 28 November 2020, the long awaited changes to the rules on what is disclosed on (and removed from) standard and enhanced criminal record checks come into effect.

If you're applying for a job that involves a standard or enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, cautions or convictions that would be removed (filtered) won't be included on your standard and enhanced certificate.

It's thought that these changes will mean around 45,000 people a year will now have a clear standard or enhanced DBS check, so it's worth finding out whether you'll be one of them.

Are harassment without violence is sexual offence? Can it be filtered after 6 years? I did send unwanted messages with sexual nature messages like 'dick pick'.

I'd guess it depends on exactly what offence you were cautioned for. If it's on the list of offences that will not be filtered, then it won't be filtered. If it's not on that list, it should be filtered after 6 years.

Harassment without violence AND Send letter / communication / article conveying indecent / offensive message. Can it be filtered? I don't see them on this list at all and police told me I will have no criminal record.

I've had a look through the list of offences that will not be filtered, which is the official list for reference, and neither offence appears to be on it. They didn't involve violence or stalking and they weren't racially or religiously motivated, so they should be filterable. If they're cautions, that would be after 6 years if you were 18 or over when you received the cautions.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Davy
Davy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

jcdmcr - 1 Dec 20 3:28 PM

i'd say life long - solicitor and police play it down. But its life long

What do you mean?
J J
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

i'd say life long - solicitor and police play it down. But its life long
Davy
Davy
Supreme Being

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davy
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Davy
Davy
Supreme Being

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO