theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Help with disclosure ?

Help with disclosure ?

Author
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mo22 - 24 Oct 23 5:40 AM
It’s now been disclosed. They haven’t left. A bit distant and had brief chats about it so have to see how it goes. OM has spoken to them and will meet on next visit. I worried now they might do the same and try to convince them to not be my friend. Does anyone have any experience being on a shpo living with someone? I wouldn’t feel comfortable having my friend in on visits while PPU going through my devices and asking personal questions. Also don’t want my friend going through stress because of my risk management.

I had a friend stay with me during the covid period, I told him about what was going on with me very early on though before any court appearance. If he found out through the media I doubt we would still be friends now. When my PPU turned up to do his visits there has been a few times my friend has been here also. Sometimes he would just go in another room to keep out the way, others he would leave to go see someone else for a little till he leaves. The times he stayed the PPU were asking him questions trying to dig info out of him, like names, where he lives, where he works... As far as I am concerned, he has no right to be asking him questions, nor is he obligated to answer them.

If your PPU tries digging to deep with your friend, just remind your PPU that he is there for you, not your friend. And your friend does not have to answer any questions, on future visits it probably would be best your friend not be there while they search and question you.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)Supreme Being (100K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Mo22 - 24 Oct 23 5:40 AM
It’s now been disclosed. They haven’t left. A bit distant and had brief chats about it so have to see how it goes. OM has spoken to them and will meet on next visit. I worried now they might do the same and try to convince them to not be my friend. Does anyone have any experience being on a shpo living with someone? I wouldn’t feel comfortable having my friend in on visits while PPU going through my devices and asking personal questions. Also don’t want my friend going through stress because of my risk management.

Hi
One surprise visit on me happened when a female friend was at my home. They questioned her on what she knew, did we have an intimate relationship and her thoughts on my offence.

She just answered the questions she was comfortable with and supported me i.e. she knew and respected my honesty towards her.

Just be aware they will be wanting to look at the bigger picture e.g. are you declaring or trying to hide things from your friend or them? I would have a chat with your friend and advise them they do not have to answer if it breaks their privacy boundaries, they should just question why they are being asked the question if it is not in relation to you! They should focus on being honest and expressing their support in their interactions with you only. They do not have to disclose details about themselves in depth.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
GO