theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

soon to be wife's Dbs check, will my past accusations show on her DBS

soon to be wife's Dbs check, will my past accusations show on her DBS

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Soulbug

This could come up under the 'Additional Information' section of the enhanced check if the police believe that it is relevant to the work that she is doing.

It could be worth having a look at the information we have about this on our Hub https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/local-police-information-2/ as it sets out how your partner may be able to approach the police and ask them to consider not disclosing it.

Hope this helps. If you require any further information, please give the Helpline a call.

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
soulbug
soulbug
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)

Hi , sadly i have tried to put that sad situation behind me and have not actually disclosed that part of my life my GF ....... i was too scared to talk about to when we first met , due thinking i would be judged and frown upon , even though i was innocent , they say mud sticks etc....and i have never been brave enough to bring it up.....so i am a bit stuck between not knowing anything really.....even with out a past conviction , arrest and charges are still a haunting prospect !
soulbug
soulbug
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)

Hi, had a situation where I was accused of a sexual offence back in the 1980s, I would of been 13 at the time, was arrested and charged in 2011, judge threw it out as a abuse of process, never went to trail, I pleaded not guilty.

My soon to be wife, works at a nursery, when she has a DBS check in the future will it show up my past arrest and charge, even though I was not convicted?
soulbug
soulbug
Supreme Being

I also ment to add, I had a criminal record check very recently, to use for my passport visa application to visit American due to the arrest for alleged sexual offences and nothing showed up on my record, but I have not been convicted of anything
soulbug
soulbug
Supreme Being

Thank you for your reply, that helps to give me peace of mind. Smile
Spireriteboy
Spireriteboy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)

I'm an employment advisor working on the governments flagship work programne. I work mainly with ex offenders. I'm 99.9% sure your issue will not show up on your wife's DBS check. I have many year's experience and haven't encountered it yet. I work with MAPPA's as well

thanks
GO