theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Restraining order - good points of contact, resources, legal advice

Restraining order - good points of contact, resources, legal advice

Author
Star
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the correct forum to use but would be grateful for any recommendations for talking to someone about my indefinite restraining order. I need to investigate ways of going to court to have it varied and yes, I could easily trawl through the various legal firms and names who could assist.  However any recommendations or personal experiences would also be very welcome.  Many thanks
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Star - 9 Sep 19 10:45 AM
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the correct forum to use but would be grateful for any recommendations for talking to someone about my indefinite restraining order. I need to investigate ways of going to court to have it varied and yes, I could easily trawl through the various legal firms and names who could assist.  However any recommendations or personal experiences would also be very welcome.  Many thanks

Hi Star

I've attached some information from our information site - Applying to a court to end a court order.

You might also want to have a look at our online magazine, theRecord - there are some articles here from individuals who've applied to have their Orders discharged. 

Good luck

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Star
Star
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)Supreme Being (3.1K reputation)

Deb S - 10 Sep 19 8:15 AM

Hi Star

I've attached some information from our information site - Applying to a court to end a court order.

You might also want to have a look at our online magazine, theRecord - there are some articles here from individuals who've applied to have their Orders discharged. 

Good luck

Debs

Very many thanks Debs, I'll put some time aside to thoroughly digest.

NigelV2
NigelV2
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)

One thing I would suggest is to talk to the police to see if they have any objections.  I recently had an indefinite order discharged and I was worrying about what to say and how /when to say it.  As the police had said they were not going to object to it being discharged, the QC representing them did all the talking in the court and I think I was in there for about 4 minutes.

Star
Star
Supreme Being

NigelV2 - 27 Sep 19 3:16 PM

One thing I would suggest is to talk to the police to see if they have any objections.  I recently had an indefinite order discharged and I was worrying about what to say and how /when to say it.  As the police had said they were not going to object to it being discharged, the QC representing them did all the talking in the court and I think I was in there for about 4 minutes.

Many thanks Nigel, I regret to say the police are the last people I would speak to, our local force simply use my restraining order to cause further distress to myself and my partner as both of us were jointly convicted and given an indefinite restraining order.  We had a visit from the local bobbies at the weekend to arrest my partner for 4 alleged breaches of the restraining order.  One of which was allegedly staring at the neighbour (forbidden by the restraining order) after the neighbour walked up to the boundary wall and looked into our property (their garden is significantly higher than ours).  Apparently my partner looked up to see the neighbour poking his nose over the wall.  We have no recollection of this but wouldn't you be taken aback when someone being protected by an order deliberately and consciously looks over the wall into your property?  Simply defies belief ….

GO