theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

DBS Reports

DBS Reports

Author
Dean91
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)Supreme Being (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jcdmcr - 11 Jul 20 1:47 PM
Simon1983 - 17 Jun 20 1:10 PM
Was - 17 Jun 20 8:02 AM
Simon1983 - 16 Jun 20 7:03 PM

Hi Was, in what context are you talking about a DBS report, can you expanded on how the phrase has been used 

cheers 

A basic report. I never actually saw the one that was sent to Amazon. (I could have logged in to see it online but didn't at the time and the login reference has timed out).

Just wondering if it just lists the offences; or whether it is an itemised list of outstanding items relating to the sentence. 

For example my community order has timed out according to ROA, but I'm still on the SOR for another year. 

Hi Was 

Hope your well,

A community order will become spent 1 yrs after the length of the order that is handed down by the court.

Once spent then nothing will show on a basic DBS, even if you are still on the SOR

If you have an active court order in terms of a SHPO or SOPO then this will stop the conviction becoming spent until the order has expired or been revoked by the courts.

If any information does show on the basic DBS then it will list the offences/ each count that you were found guilty of and the act that you were charged under, then next to that it will state the sentence imposed by the court, 

That is it, 

Hope that helps, any other questions just ask 

All the best 

does it show the indictment do you know eg witness statements etc...?

No. 

The basic DBS Certificate shows 

The date you was convicted, the offence, and the Act of parliament which it was done under. 

Once it is 'spent' the basic DBS will show blank.

J J
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Simon1983 - 17 Jun 20 1:10 PM

Hi Was, in what context are you talking about a DBS report, can you expanded on how the phrase has been used 

cheers 

A basic report. I never actually saw the one that was sent to Amazon. (I could have logged in to see it online but didn't at the time and the login reference has timed out).

Just wondering if it just lists the offences; or whether it is an itemised list of outstanding items relating to the sentence. 

For example my community order has timed out according to ROA, but I'm still on the SOR for another year. 

Hi Was 

Hope your well,

A community order will become spent 1 yrs after the length of the order that is handed down by the court.

Once spent then nothing will show on a basic DBS, even if you are still on the SOR

If you have an active court order in terms of a SHPO or SOPO then this will stop the conviction becoming spent until the order has expired or been revoked by the courts.

If any information does show on the basic DBS then it will list the offences/ each count that you were found guilty of and the act that you were charged under, then next to that it will state the sentence imposed by the court, 

That is it, 

All the best 

does it show the indictment do you know eg witness statements etc...?
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

cheers 

Hi Was 

Hope your well,

That is it, 

All the best 
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

cheers 

Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Was - 16 Jun 20 6:31 PM
Does any one know what's in a DBS report? Under the ROA the main part of my sentence should now be "spent" but I'm wondering if it's an all or nothing report.

I know I probably should put in a request of my own or a Data Subject Access Request to find out definitively, but at this point I'd rather not, Just curious.

cheers 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Simon1983
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Does any one know what's in a DBS report? Under the ROA the main part of my sentence should now be "spent" but I'm wondering if it's an all or nothing report.

I know I probably should put in a request of my own or a Data Subject Access Request to find out definitively, but at this point I'd rather not, Just curious.
GO