theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

I was given a reprimand in 2007 (when I was 14) for criminal damage. Will this show up on Enhanced...

I was given a reprimand in 2007 (when I was 14) for criminal damage....

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Was - 1 Sep 20 11:05 AM
checkdbs - 1 Sep 20 8:42 AM
Hi,

I was given a reprimand in 2007 (when I was 14) for criminal damage. Will this show up on Enhanced DBS with barring check? It was dealt with at the police station and I didn't have to go to court or anything like that.

Was it a simple caution or a conditional caution? (Although with this length of time I don't think it really matters)

I suspect it would qualify for filtering unless it was damage involving arson or explosives

https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/filtering-simple-guide/

However, if you don't think that answers your question you may want to contact the Unlock helpline.

Was is absolutely right, but the only difference a conditional caution would make is that the police might have recorded it as a conviction, which could cause problems, but not in your case as it was so long ago. Criminal damage is filterable, and once the filtering changes take effect, all youth cautions, reprimands and warnings will be filtered, regardless of the offence. Nice to have some good news for once.... 

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

checkdbs - 1 Sep 20 8:42 AM
Hi,

I was given a reprimand in 2007 (when I was 14) for criminal damage. Will this show up on Enhanced DBS with barring check? It was dealt with at the police station and I didn't have to go to court or anything like that.

Was it a simple caution or a conditional caution? (Although with this length of time I don't think it really matters)

I suspect it would qualify for filtering unless it was damage involving arson or explosives

https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/filtering-simple-guide/

However, if you don't think that answers your question you may want to contact the Unlock helpline.
checkdbs
checkdbs
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)

Hi,

GO