theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Caution and looking for employment

Caution and looking for employment

Author
Chalky
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)Supreme Being (132 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Just looking for advice really,
Over 10 years ago my ex husband and I had a fight (he was cheating) and I got a caution. I have no recollection of this as I was very ill at the time. I have no papers and recently  rang this advice line and received very helpful advice. I have submitted a request to ACRO about what the caution was for.
I am now looking for little jobs and recently got one in a care home. Not as a carer but in the laundry. They want an enhanced DSB and I am worried that if the caution was for ABH ( he hit me and I hit him) then I have no chance. If so, then it seems very unfair that I cannot get a job. All the local cleaning jobs need a DSB as well. This was the only violent incident in my entire life. Any advice/ideas. I know it will depend on the ACRO results. Thanks.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If it does turn out you can’t get the job because of your caution look at other cleaning jobs that only require a basic dbs instead of an enhanced one as it won’t show up on a basic one.
GO