theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Applying for a B2 Tourist Visa

Applying for a B2 Tourist Visa

Author
scotboy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Look at some of the other posts on travel to the USA, the visa route might not be the best option if you have ever had convictions.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

If you don’t wish to study, live or work over there then you can travel on the ESTA see the link below from unlock 

https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-to-the-usa-the-esta-form-and-moral-turpitude/

the USA does not have access to the police national computer

, if you do plan to live study or work over there in the future then start the visa process now as it can take up to 6 mths 

Fazz84
Fazz84
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)Supreme Being (210 reputation)

Hi,

I have a criminal conviction for possession of a class A drug for which I received a fine, this happened around 10-15 years ago and I have not been in trouble before or since that.
 I have provisionally booked a holiday to the USA in December. I understand I cannot enter the USA on an ESTA and need to apply for a B2 tourist visa. I am just wondering if anyone can advise me of when to start the process of applying for the visa?

Thanks in advance.
GO