theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Alternative to the forum?

Alternative to the forum?

Author
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
As a side note they are also registered with the information commisioner https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z2545847
They are also registered and monitored by the charities commission https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/3960199

Its this regulation, monitoring, and oversight that makes me feel safe to post here, and their other services. 

I would think twice about using any unregulated / ungoverned spaces

J J
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Test message - to see what people are on about
J J
J J
Supreme Being

I'd be warey about posting elsewherre, at least on this the forum is managed by a reputable charity. Potential data leakes on Reddit include IP Addresses, Usernames, Passwords. We are the most hated of society we need to be careful how we discuss and disclose.

Given the name of the group I wouldn't put it past reddit to close it down, or for other [redit] community members to come across it and draw attention to it.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

This is a good video about SHPOs. I will post it on reddit too.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHKiaXMo_Q
switchr
switchr
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)

Back to the original topic, I sub to /r/sexoffendersuk - it is very quiet but you know what they say, if you post they will come..
switchr
switchr
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)

Back to the original topic, I sub to /r/sexoffendersuk - it is very quiet but you know what they say, if you post they will come..
switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

switchr
switchr
Supreme Being

xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Mr W makes a good point and it is important that our stories / experiences are told, if it was not for this forum and the vast experiences and knowledge others have shared already, I would have never known the flaws and untruths being told in my own case. I was planning on giving an update and post about something that has been irritating me recently, but with the forum being the way it is now, I will wait till it has been fixed. (when ever that may be) The more I learn the angrier I get which fuels me to fight and challenge the system, but when the system is already so broken to begin with there is simply no playground to start the fight unless you have money. 

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

I understand the keeping head down but also our stories are important for those looking for hope when they feel there isn't any, especially for those starting this horrific journey as I feel there'll be so many more in the years to come. I think it's wrong this situation is destroying and ending lives.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

"As mentioned earlier, I just want to keep my head down and fly below the RADAR as long as possible and hopefully come out the other end with some semblance of a normal life."

With you on that. The police have been acting unlawfully (side note: Illegal means that it is forbidden by a law that has been passed. Unlawful means that it is not authorised by law because no such law has been passed.) but they only have 14 more months left of it. In a previous life, I would have taken up the cudgels on behalf of someone else, but as with you, I just want to keep my head down and get it over with.
GO