theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Volunteering jobs

Volunteering jobs

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I’ve been rejected a few times for applications for voluntary roles. Always disclosed if asked and the same as you have always been applauded for my honesty but they have to respect company policies.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

It was just for a local charity to me which was recommended to me via the Job Center. I figured I would just try anyway.
As for my PPU I honestly do not take anything he says as fact, he believes I MUST disclose to everyone and has threatened he would disclose if I did not. we all know the rule generally is you disclose when asked. In this instance I decided to make a disclosure of my own accord and experimentation. The woman I spoke to handling my application was very pleasant about it and stated she respected my honesty.

Edited
3 Years Ago by xDanx
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Well done on trying, it takes courage. Did your ppu not say you'd have to disclose?

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Would you feel comfortable sharing where that was for?
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Decided to make an effort to get back out in society by applying for some voluntary roles with a local charity. I was not asked if I had any convictions but I decided to disclose anyway to show my honesty and to see what response I would get. I was asked if my conviction was of a sexual nature to which I responded yes, she was unable to proceed any further with my application. Executives made the rule that no one with a sex offence can apply for the voluntary roles, where as those with other non sexual offences would still be considered.

Being my first disclosure in an employment setting, I think I handled it very well knowing what the end result would be so I was well prepared for the rejection.
Anyone else had any success applying for voluntary roles?

Edited
3 Years Ago by xDanx
GO