theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Working in Asia - which countries ask for disclosure and how do I write my disclosure on visa...

Working in Asia - which countries ask for disclosure and how do I...

Author
Si27
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)Supreme Being (284 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi - Can anyone help me please. I have a spent conviction where I have been in prison for 4 weeks over Christmas 2018 into New year 2019. Probation is done Mid 2019. The conviction was for common assault and the breaking of 3 probation orders - this is my only record. Which countries ask for disclosure in Asia and if I want to return to China to work (I have previously lived in China for 23 years) how do actually write my record down on the Visa application form - I understand that China judges and accepts visa applications case by case and the point is to be transparent - which I want to do.

Does anyone have advice or experience in this area please for the above questions 

Thank you community 

Si 
GO