theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Can we support campaigns?

Can we support campaigns?

Author
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It's a double-edged sword, it's good to keep yourself accountable and remain conscious about choices you make but also the pressure can be a bit much when you don't know what to do, which is why this forum is crucial as it can provide answers/opinions within 24 hours without putting pressure on other services.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I think your right. It seems the closer I get to my end date in relation to SHPO and SOR I question myself more to make sure I’m doing nothing wrong.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

It doesn't sound weird at all, when we're put into a position where we have to question everything we do it brings up all sorts of doubts in our heads (most of which are thankfully unfounded) but being careful is certainly at the forefront of our minds as to not give ourselves any more craziness to deal with. I think a ban on getting involved in campaigns (as long as the campaign isn't obviously illegal) would raise a concern about free speech (Proper free speech that is, not free speech that old people use as a reason to be racist haha) so I personally can't see a problem. Your voice is worth no less or no more than anyone else's.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi mark, unles 
s you have a SHPO/SOPO that says you can’t use any device that can access the internet then there is no law that stops you signing online petitions or writing to your mp good luck
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Sorry if this sounds weird.

Can people with convictions (mine is a SO), support campaigns that charities want support with, for example register for campaign updates by email and sign petitions and write to their MP regarding the campaign subject? (All email and online based)

There’s no weird law or anything stopping us?

GO