theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

No one will give me a living so I am enhancing my own life to how it was.

No one will give me a living so I am enhancing my own life to how it...

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi
As most of us ex-SO's, we had a life that allowed us to develop as a human being; I want that feeling again.

Therefore I have decided to re-visit countries that I have resided in before before the old bones etc make want me sit all the time.
One country I have worked/lived in during the 70's and 80's was Belize, plus neighbouring countries.
Now I know the USA will not want me to travel through so looking at other routes to not only make the journey more enhancing but less stressful.

Now putting aside all possible visas issues for a moment, we all know we have to provide the locations where one will stay for the first 3 nights outside the UK.
Now one scenario I have viewed is flying to Portugal then directly to Mexico city then bus/train to Belize. Issue is the 3 nights would be airport terminals or on a plane/bus/train.

My PPU is a listening individual and understands I am not playing mind games when I ask how to give notification of my 3 nights after leaving the country? It is not a criticism but no definitive reply appeared.
This question is also useful as I have recently spent my time converting an old electrician's van into a fully self  contained campervan and will be traveling Europe etc.

Anyone been in either of these scenarios when giving notification?

Take care

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
tedstriker
tedstriker
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
JASB - 17 Mar 22 4:23 PM
Hi
As most of us ex-SO's, we had a life that allowed us to develop as a human being; I want that feeling again.

Therefore I have decided to re-visit countries that I have resided in before before the old bones etc make want me sit all the time.
One country I have worked/lived in during the 70's and 80's was Belize, plus neighbouring countries.
Now I know the USA will not want me to travel through so looking at other routes to not only make the journey more enhancing but less stressful.

Now putting aside all possible visas issues for a moment, we all know we have to provide the locations where one will stay for the first 3 nights outside the UK.
Now one scenario I have viewed is flying to Portugal then directly to Mexico city then bus/train to Belize. Issue is the 3 nights would be airport terminals or on a plane/bus/train.

My PPU is a listening individual and understands I am not playing mind games when I ask how to give notification of my 3 nights after leaving the country? It is not a criticism but no definitive reply appeared.
This question is also useful as I have recently spent my time converting an old electrician's van into a fully self  contained campervan and will be traveling Europe etc.

Take care

No longer subject to notification requirements but when I was I would email through my itinerary if going on a more complex holiday across multiple countries, cities etc. Then it's down to the PPU how they interpret what needs to go on the form and I had a record of giving them everything I had.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
tedstriker - 18 Mar 22 9:40 AM
JASB - 17 Mar 22 4:23 PM
Hi

Take care

No longer subject to notification requirements but when I was I would email through my itinerary if going on a more complex holiday across multiple countries, cities etc. Then it's down to the PPU how they interpret what needs to go on the form and I had a record of giving them everything I had.

Hi Ted,
Thanks for the reply.
Agree this is a default method but it does go further than the requirement specifies hence my raising the topic to see how others have faired.
I have nothing to hide and always complied but I do not wish to be questioned later in the event I make an in location change after the 3 day period.
Again thanks

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
GO