theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Disclosing convictions to gyms, cinemas, other outdoor activities

Disclosing convictions to gyms, cinemas, other outdoor activities

Author
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have been wondering this for a long while now and figured it might be good to discuss it further.

Are you legally required to inform a gym or even other places like cinemas, gigs of your convictions?

My old PPU once stated that anything I do outside I MUST disclose my conviction to the one in charge, I applied to attend this local place some years ago to do some DIY which only allowed 19+ yet I was still forced by my PPU to disclose my conviction. And so he him self could check the place out. I spoke to the owner directly and he seemed pretty relaxed with me being there but I still felt uneasy going, I eventually stopped going all together. I am looking at possibly joining up with a local gym as it would help me massively getting me out more but my PPU keep telling me that I MUST disclose. I have googled around and so far I have found nothing which legally tells me I 1, have to disclose to owner to gym or any other such place. 2, I do not have to inform the PPU I have even joined a gym or my where abouts unless of course.... as per the notification requirements someone under 18 resides where I will be present for a period of 12 hours or more.

Thoughts?

GO

Threaded View

Threaded View
xDanx - 2 Years Ago
khafka - 2 Years Ago
punter99 - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
Was - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
Richie - 2 Years Ago
xDanx - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
Was - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
punter99 - 2 Years Ago
Was - 2 Years Ago
Moctodliam - 2 Years Ago
Was - 2 Years Ago
punter99 - 2 Years Ago
Moctodliam - 2 Years Ago
punter99 - 2 Years Ago
Moctodliam - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
punter99 - 2 Years Ago
Mr W - 2 Years Ago
JASB - 2 Years Ago
Was - 2 Years Ago
                     + x [quote] [b] Was - 10 Oct 22 2:52 PM [/b] +...
JASB - 2 Years Ago
                 + x [quote] [b] JASB - 10 Oct 22 10:41 AM [/b] +...
Lineofduty - 2 Years Ago
                     + x [quote] [b] Lineofduty - 29 Dec 22 12:10 PM [/b]...
JASB - 2 Years Ago