theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Question about going on holiday with a common assault conviction

Question about going on holiday with a common assault conviction

Author
jb
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)Supreme Being (358 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

HI there, just been reading this thread from last year and im confused.

I have two convictions from the same "event"

Assault by beating

Contrary to section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988

Assaulting police officer

Contrary to section 89(1) of the police Act 1996

unlock states because i have two convictions. I can not complete the visa waiver form and will need to pay for an apply for US visa. Is this correct?

and also how likely are they to turn me away on entry for the crimes. They are not spent until february 2015. and waiver or Visa do not guaruntee entry apparently.

I have family in Texas that i would dearly love to see. and visas seem to be expensive and take a long time. Not to mention the phenomenal cost of the flight only to get turned away after 10 hrs on a plane!!?

i would also love to go to New York for a short trip. But worried i can not ever go now.

what are peoples experiences of US travel with these convictions??

GO