theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Do I have to disclose this type of conviction to an employer? Confused!

Do I have to disclose this type of conviction to an employer?...

Author
The Pineapple Thief
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Nexus93

I'm not as young as you but yes, disclosing criminal records can be daunting. As Deb says, there are three types of disclosure and there are details about all three on this link here. I ought to add that this information is on the Unlock website so it's nice and clear and in plain English rather than legalese.

It is interesting to see that Aldi reckon they a qualify under the Enhanced disclosure. I am tempted to query that with the DBS as you are not working with children or vulnerable adults and even if you are, it is not what is known as "regulated activity". I think they would struggle to even justify a Standard check.

If I find anything out then I'll post it here but in the mean-time, good luck with your applications.

I haven't stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!

Post Edited (The Pineapple Thief) : 24/03/2015 17:58:47 (GMT+1)

I havent stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!
GO