theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Suggestion for forum for advice on self-employment and starting a business

Suggestion for forum for advice on self-employment and starting a...

Author
Sol-leks
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just an idea for the Forum to consider. I know that self-employment or starting a business is often a good option for those with convictions. Maybe we could have a section in the Forum that was dedicated just to that area? One way to kick things off would be for a few of us with relevant experience to chip in with 'Help Guides' or articles, which could be stickied. New members could post up queries they have about starting a business or business ideas in a similar way to the DBS queries now.

Looking around the web, I would commend to Unlock the Consumer Action Forums (or CAG for short): www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/index.php This helps debtors and people with financial issues, whose problems are not so far removed from those with convictions. I think it's an interesting example that Unlock might wish to consider and emulate.

Sol-leks
Sol-leks
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)

Great news, Christopher. I'll be sure to begin posting over the next few days, and anyone else with ideas should step forward.

I've got some ideas of my own for 'sticky' posts which will form an introduction for anyone new to the whole concept of starting a business or becoming self-employed. Please be patient with me while I put the first article together.

Let's see how it develops.

Christopher Stacey
Christopher Stacey
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)Supreme Being (52K reputation)

That's a very good suggestion, and one that's fairly easy to do from this end. We've set up a specific forum for self-employment / starting a business!

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO