theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Employee theft

Employee theft

Author
hurrdedurr
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Debbie Lyon - 21 Aug 16 11:52 PM
Hello .I don't know if anyone on hear can actually help me but I'll ask anyway ...I am in court on Friday for employee theft of£550 when I was interviewed I admitted straight away both employer and police .I was told by police it wouldn't go to court but then it did apparently because
 of the amount ..it was done over the period of a month.no excuses ..I was being chased by bailiffs and I just couldn't cope. .it's my first offence and believe me the last .my former employer gave a statement to say I was previously an exemplary employee .I'm so scared I'm going to prison I don't no how to deal with this .I've totally ruined my life the shame will never go away.

Hi Debbie,
I just wanted to say that your theft happened as a result of your situation being out of control.  Having been an ex bankrupt and someone that has been through hell and back with finances, if you want any advice or support to get some control back then check out the money advisory service online or also speak to creditors.  If the money issues were wracking up because of non-official debts (rents, owing friends or family money) then please, I urge you to speak to someone about it.  Your theft was a cry for help and sadly it will now stay with you, but I really hope now that you are able to get some help. xx
GO