theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Car insurance

Car insurance

Author
Dunnodoyou
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hope this helps a few.
Should have mentioned this before any sex offenders having problems with car insurance try the Post Office website,it asks you if you have any convictions and gives you a drop down list but this offence is not listed,say yes to a conviction and pick zzz from the list and then carry on to get your quote.
Rang them up to check my policy and was told I had notified them about my conviction and didn't ask what it was.
Been doing this for the last 3 years.
Good luck all
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Dunnodoyou - 30 Mar 17 10:11 PM
Hope this helps a few.Should have mentioned this before any sex offenders having problems with car insurance try the Post Office website,it asks you if you have any convictions and gives you a drop down list but this offence is not listed,say yes to a conviction and pick zzz from the list and then carry on to get your quote.Rang them up to check my policy and was told I had notified them about my conviction and didn't ask what it was.Been doing this for the last 3 years.Good luck all

If your offence is more than 5 years ago try Aviva. I am with them and they didn't want to know. The question is "do you have any criminal conviction in the last 5 years"? (or words to that effect) If you can answer No then they move on, thats it.
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Thanks for the heads up about the Post Office. Might be worth considering adding to Unlock's list of car insurers.

Debs 

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Yankee
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

Even easier. LV= (www.lv.com) only asks about motoring convictions.  No questions at all about other unspent convictions.
Dunnodoyou
Dunnodoyou
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)

Yankee - 7 Apr 17 3:10 PM
Even easier. LV= (www.lv.com) only asks about motoring convictions.  No questions at all about other unspent convictions.

Dunnodoyou
Dunnodoyou
Supreme Being

Pretty good tried them but couldn't beat my £167 by PO

GO