theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Visiting New Zealand : Disclosure of Being Refused Entry to Philippines on Boarding Card

Visiting New Zealand : Disclosure of Being Refused Entry to...

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Harry53 - 19 Feb 18 4:41 PM
AB2014 - 13 Feb 18 1:41 PM
Harry53 - 9 Feb 18 6:39 PM
Yankee - 5 Feb 18 6:04 PM
Harry53 - 5 Feb 18 11:21 AM
My daughter lives in NZ and I am planning to travel for a month in NZ then stay with her . I went to the Philippines to visit my boyfriend there in February 17 (yes I am gay),but I was refused entry just 8 weeks later for some unknown reason. Note: I am on the SOR for looking at teen boys online. Anyway, I have written about this before, but now I see the Entry Boarding Card asks if  I have been refused entry to any country, which I have. Its clear on my passport, but what are the likely implications of admitting this?
All I want is to travel with a tour company then visit my daughter.

Would my refusal of entry history be logged electronically on a system ?

Please help me understand this. 

Officially, you will need to apply for a visa and a good character waiver as the rules mean no visa if you have been excluded from any other country (Unlock has more information here https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-new-zealand/).  

If the Philippines have excluded you, I can only think that your PPU must have notified them (maybe via an Interpol green notice).  The fact that they refused you entry would not be available electronically to other countries. However, if the reason for the refusal is linked to the PPU or Interpol notices, that information would be shared with others.

In reality, I suspect there is a big stamp in your passport showing you were excluded from the Philippines so if you didn't admit this on the boarding pass you're running an enormous risk that the border officer doesn't see the stamp when he flicks through your passport pages.

You could discuss with your PPU and if they see you as low risk, ask if they would support your visa application on family grounds?

The link to NZ immigration is dead.

Try clicking here instead. Hopefully, that will work.

I have decided to get my wife (in UK) and daughter(in NZ) to write on my behalf and I will apply for a visa in person. I have always been honest about my actions and addiction, so I hope it works in my favour

It's always best to be honest, then at least they can't accuse you of dishonesty. It's probably also a good idea to show that you have very good reasons to come back to the UK at the end of your visit, and if your daughter includes that as well, it could help.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Harry
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

AB2014 - 13 Feb 18 1:41 PM
My daughter lives in NZ and I am planning to travel for a month in NZ then stay with her . I went to the Philippines to visit my boyfriend there in February 17 (yes I am gay),but I was refused entry just 8 weeks later for some unknown reason. Note: I am on the SOR for looking at teen boys online. Anyway, I have written about this before, but now I see the Entry Boarding Card asks if  I have been refused entry to any country, which I have. Its clear on my passport, but what are the likely implications of admitting this?

Officially, you will need to apply for a visa and a good character waiver as the rules mean no visa if you have been excluded from any other country (Unlock has more information here https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-new-zealand/).  

If the Philippines have excluded you, I can only think that your PPU must have notified them (maybe via an Interpol green notice).  The fact that they refused you entry would not be available electronically to other countries. However, if the reason for the refusal is linked to the PPU or Interpol notices, that information would be shared with others.

In reality, I suspect there is a big stamp in your passport showing you were excluded from the Philippines so if you didn't admit this on the boarding pass you're running an enormous risk that the border officer doesn't see the stamp when he flicks through your passport pages.

You could discuss with your PPU and if they see you as low risk, ask if they would support your visa application on family grounds?

I have decided to get my wife (in UK) and daughter(in NZ) to write on my behalf and I will apply for a visa in person. I have always been honest about my actions and addiction, so I hope it works in my favour

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Harry
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Harry
Harry
Supreme Being

Deb S - 7 Feb 18 8:31 AM
Hi Harry53

I'd agree with Yankee that it was probably as a result of your passport being 'flagged' that you were refused entry into the Philippines. 

If you're applying for a visa to go to New Zealand then the fact that you'd been refused entry into the Philippines would probably come to light at that time, rather than as you arrive in NZ. 

Each visa application is considered on its own merits and Immigration Officers will take into account the seriousness of the offence and how long ago you received your conviction. I'd definitely highlight the family connection as the reason for your visit.

Kind regards

Debs

Thank you everyone. It was mentioned to me that I could "lose" my passport and the small writing that says "rejected", but then it could be electronically logged and I would worry about lying. I have been 100% honest with my PPU officer, and although I do not need a visa to enter NZ, maybe I should play safe and apply for one. I did at the time ask my PPU officer was a Green Card issued to Interpol regarding my return trip to Manila to see my boyfriend (and yes....he is of legal age!!), but said nothing.

It bugs me that as I would never in a million years physically abuse anyone, especially a child, I find that I am tarred with the same brush as those that go to Asian countries seeking to abuse. I find that hard to accept. Anyway, I appreciate all replies and I will apply for a visa. My trip is a big one , and expensive, so they had not stop me going. 

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Hi Harry53

I'd agree with Yankee that it was probably as a result of your passport being 'flagged' that you were refused entry into the Philippines. 

If you're applying for a visa to go to New Zealand then the fact that you'd been refused entry into the Philippines would probably come to light at that time, rather than as you arrive in NZ. 

Each visa application is considered on its own merits and Immigration Officers will take into account the seriousness of the offence and how long ago you received your conviction. I'd definitely highlight the family connection as the reason for your visit.

Kind regards

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Yankee
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

Harry
Harry
Supreme Being

GO