theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

UK Citizenship

UK Citizenship

Author
moonsoon
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello guys
I was convicted by court in 2016 having a problem with wife. I receieved community sentecnece which i completed very quicky. Now i want to apply british citizonship. Someone can share his expereience when i can apply british citizonship?.
Secondly am i allowed to visit Austrila USA Canada?. If not then when i can  visit there.
thanks

Edited
6 Years Ago by moonsoon
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

moonsoon - 3 Sep 18 7:53 PM
Hello guys
I was convicted by court in 2016 having a problem with wife. I receieved community sentecnece which i completed very quicky. Now i want to apply british citizonship. Someone can share his expereience when i can apply british citizonship?.
Secondly am i allowed to visit Austrila USA Canada?. If not then when i can  visit there.
thanks

Unlock has information about this on their website here. You have to wait for 3 years after your conviction date. They also have information here about travelling to the countries you mentioned. Each country makes its own decision on who they allow in.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

moonsoon
moonsoon
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)Supreme Being (641 reputation)

AB2014 - 4 Sep 18 9:52 AM
Hello guys
thanks

Unlock has information about this on their website here. You have to wait for 3 years after your conviction date. They also have information here about travelling to the countries you mentioned. Each country makes its own decision on who they allow in.

thanks for your reply
If i apply immediately after 3 years from conviction then what are the chances to get citizonship?.
i have been told by some one that my conviction is swere and i should apply after 5 years onward from conviction date.
That person told me if they refuse then case worker can issue letter to apply after for example5, 6 or 7 years after date of conviction.

AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

moonsoon - 18 Oct 18 7:14 PM
AB2014 - 4 Sep 18 9:52 AM
Hello guys
thanks

thanks for your reply
If i apply immediately after 3 years from conviction then what are the chances to get citizonship?.
i have been told by some one that my conviction is swere and i should apply after 5 years onward from conviction date.
That person told me if they refuse then case worker can issue letter to apply after for example5, 6 or 7 years after date of conviction.

The fact of the matter is that they can refuse someone at any time, even after the 3 years. They will look at the details of the conviction and your overall record, and they will take into account that you were given a community sentence rather than prison.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO