theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Hi

Author
newstart
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone

I have been following this site for sometime and finally built up the courage to get involved. 

I have recently  been convicted of attempted sexual communication with a child, prior to this I was happily married, decent job and pretty much content. I made some mistakes obviously and now find myself having lost everything. 

I dont expect it to be an easy or quick road, but these forums are full of people having found some success in the future. im sure ill never be quite the same again but at least there is hope of a future of some sort

CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
newstart - 18 Nov 19 7:21 PM
Hi everyone

I have been following this site for sometime and finally built up the courage to get involved. 

I have recently  been convicted of attempted sexual communication with a child, prior to this I was happily married, decent job and pretty much content. I made some mistakes obviously and now find myself having lost everything. 

I dont expect it to be an easy or quick road, but these forums are full of people having found some success in the future. im sure ill never be quite the same again but at least there is hope of a future of some sort

Hi Newstart and welcome to the forum, glad you have built up the courage to post, I was in the same boat having lost everything. It is hard, in my opinion harder than the time in prison I had to spend but its a few years behind me now and there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel even if you cant see the end yet. I would agree you are not the same but hopefully a different person to the one that offended in the first place. People make mistakes, choose the wrong turn, its the ability to learn from it that counts.  It takes time to readjust but you will I am sure.
Edited
5 Years Ago by CC
GO