theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Which EU country is the cheapest to travel?

Which EU country is the cheapest to travel?

Author
eninbolson
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)Supreme Being (226 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Without thinking of airplane tickets, I want to spend the least fee I can afford to travel to Europe.

Does anyone have experiences about this?

I usually travel one country about one to two weeks and if I get there, I only pay for the cheapest food and accommodations.

Please advice me for this.

Thanks.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
eninbolson - 28 Feb 20 2:17 AM
Without thinking of airplane tickets, I want to spend the least fee I can afford to travel to Europe.

I usually travel one country about one to two weeks and if I get there, I only pay for the cheapest food and accommodations.

Thanks.

Hi
The worst and possibly more expensive part of a journey is getting out of the UK. LOL
the best website I have ever found for trains (mainly) is www.seat61.com.
It talks about train timetables, destinations etc for nearly every country in the world. For example I used it when I went back packing around SE Asia a few years back.

Custom tour sites I find more pricey, for instance by train from Bournemouth area to Rome would be about £650 return by train.
There are coaches but at present I cannot find a "period" travel ticket that allows you to hop on / off.

Only a little help but hope it does anyway.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
JGUK68
JGUK68
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
eninbolson - 28 Feb 20 2:17 AM

Thanks.

Any eastern Europe country is fine. Or Portugal. 
Train ticket you can use Interrail.

Enjoy
GO