theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Hi I need advice please

Hi I need advice please

Author
Bravelassie
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was convicted of a sex crime 4 years ago did the time finished my licence. Now ,obviously on the register, police monitors me every so often.
Now, as I have been fighting deportation and now the home office is booting me back to Europe. My question is will I be monitored the same back in Europe as I did in the UK?
Thanks
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi Bravelass 

That really is an answer only someone that is keyed up on the French legal system ( I make that assumption as you spoke about being deported back to France in one of your other posts)

How Police Scotland would handle this, and pass information to the french authorities, i would suggest you would be best talking to SACRO

https://www.sacro.org.uk

They are the experts for advice when it comes to the law within Scotland.

I took the below from Unlocks hub page (Unlock covers England and Wales) but would still be relevant to Scotland, I know it talks about information being shared about UK citizens from another EU country, you just need to look at it with the information flowing the other way.

What is ECRIS?
ECRIS, the European Criminal Records Information System, was created to improve the exchange of information relating to criminal conviction information throughout the EU. It does this by electronically connecting all Central Authorities within EU Member States to allow for messages relating to convictions to be exchanged quickly and easily using a secure electronic transfer.Any EU country convicting a national of another EU country will be required to send information on their conviction as soon as possible to that person’s country of nationality. This requirement applies only to new convictions. However, UKCA-ECR does also seek information regarding any previous convictions from other EU states if requested to do so by UK police officers and law enforcement agencies.

What information is shared?

Under ECRIS, the EU country sharing information about a person’s conviction is required to provide a code which corresponds to the particular offence the conviction relates to (ECRIS Offence and sanction codes 2009/316/JHA). This system is designed to account for differences in domestic criminal codes across the EU countries whilst providing a general idea of the nature of offence committed. In addition, Member States provide conviction details in their native language which are automatically translated through the ECRIS coding.When transferring this information, countries can also provide information relating to the level of participation in the offence or information highlighting any exemption from criminal responsibility which may apply under domestic criminal law in that country.Information relating to the sentence given is also transferred at this time, using appropriate codes. Countries are able to provide further information about how this sentence or penalty was completed. This information, both the particular offence and sentence or penalty given, along with further details provided, can potentially be entered onto the PNC provided the reported convictions amounts to a recordable offence in the UK.For further information on ECRIS and the procedures for sharing information relating to convictions between EU countries, consult DF" style="text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; transition-duration: 0.12s; transition-timing-function: ease-out; color: rgb(35, 150, 210);">European Council Framework Decision 2009/315/JHA and DF" style="text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; transition-duration: 0.12s; transition-timing-function: ease-out; color: rgb(35, 150, 210);">European Council Framework Decision 2009/316/JHA

Hope this helps 
stay safe
Bravelassie
Bravelassie
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)Supreme Being (3.3K reputation)

Simon1983 - 31 May 20 7:19 PM
Hi Bravelass 

That really is an answer only someone that is keyed up on the French legal system ( I make that assumption as you spoke about being deported back to France in one of your other posts)

How Police Scotland would handle this, and pass information to the french authorities, i would suggest you would be best talking to SACRO

I took the below from Unlocks hub page (Unlock covers England and Wales) but would still be relevant to Scotland, I know it talks about information being shared about UK citizens from another EU country, you just need to look at it with the information flowing the other way.

What is ECRIS?
ECRIS, the European Criminal Records Information System, was created to improve the exchange of information relating to criminal conviction information throughout the EU. It does this by electronically connecting all Central Authorities within EU Member States to allow for messages relating to convictions to be exchanged quickly and easily using a secure electronic transfer.Any EU country convicting a national of another EU country will be required to send information on their conviction as soon as possible to that person’s country of nationality. This requirement applies only to new convictions. However, UKCA-ECR does also seek information regarding any previous convictions from other EU states if requested to do so by UK police officers and law enforcement agencies.

Under ECRIS, the EU country sharing information about a person’s conviction is required to provide a code which corresponds to the particular offence the conviction relates to (ECRIS Offence and sanction codes 2009/316/JHA). This system is designed to account for differences in domestic criminal codes across the EU countries whilst providing a general idea of the nature of offence committed. In addition, Member States provide conviction details in their native language which are automatically translated through the ECRIS coding.When transferring this information, countries can also provide information relating to the level of participation in the offence or information highlighting any exemption from criminal responsibility which may apply under domestic criminal law in that country.Information relating to the sentence given is also transferred at this time, using appropriate codes. Countries are able to provide further information about how this sentence or penalty was completed. This information, both the particular offence and sentence or penalty given, along with further details provided, can potentially be entered onto the PNC provided the reported convictions amounts to a recordable offence in the UK.For further information on ECRIS and the procedures for sharing information relating to convictions between EU countries, consult DF" style="text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; transition-duration: 0.12s; transition-timing-function: ease-out; color: rgb(35, 150, 210);">European Council Framework Decision 2009/315/JHA and DF" style="text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; transition-duration: 0.12s; transition-timing-function: ease-out; color: rgb(35, 150, 210);">European Council Framework Decision 2009/316/JHA

Hope this helps 
stay safe

Bravelassie
Bravelassie
Supreme Being

Simon1983 - 31 May 20 7:19 PM
Hi Bravelass 

What is ECRIS?

Hope this helps 
stay safe

Thanks really appreciate
GO