theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

How to remove notification from Schegnan system when off register

How to remove notification from Schegnan system when off register

Author
sheffieldl
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)Supreme Being (495 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone, first post here, 
Ive been on the register nearly 10 years and due to come of it first week of September, ive traveled abroad a fair few times never had any problems in Europe etc, until last year in France when i got pulled to one side for about minutes while some one took my passport away did a few checks, was then asked a number of questions and then went on my way.  This has never happened before and i was surprised it had happened this time . At one stage i didnt think I was going to get in but was just asked where i was stopping and how long, so fine in the end
However when i got home i read how this happened, what caused it and reading some police guidance which essentially said this marker stays on for five years unless reviewed etc and is dealt with by the NCB in Manchester
I am travelling out of Europe (hopefully in September and also in Europe once ive finished on the register.
So my question is this how exactly do i go about ensuring the local police force remove this "marker" on the day after on the register, what should i request and to whom should i address, i dont want to just phone them up, i need to ensure its done properly
If anyone has had experience of this please i would appreciate it

GO