theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Studying to become mental health worker. Will my past mental health problems show up on Enhanced DBS...

Studying to become mental health worker. Will my past mental health...

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
checkdbs - 1 Sep 20 8:44 AM
Hi,

I'm Studying to become mental health worker. Will my past mental health problems show up on Enhanced DBS check? I suffered from violent and aggressive behaviour.
I was never in treatment for this (only anxiety)...

PS: I was never arrested or charged or interviewed or questioned by the police for anything) the only agency that dealt with me was the benefits agency...

Is this information shared on a DBS check? I can't see how it would be..

does anyone know?

The only people who can add that sort of information are the police, which they would do based on their local files. If the police weren't involved, then they wouldn't have anything on you, and they certainly wouldn't go on a fishing expedition around various agencies, local authorities, etc. to see if they can find anything. I wouldn't expect them to have anything to disclose, unless the Benefits Agency chose to tell them at the time, but if the police didn't contact you, that suggests they weren't involved at all.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

checkdbs
checkdbs
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm Studying to become mental health worker. Will my past mental health problems show up on Enhanced DBS check? I suffered from violent and aggressive behaviour.
I was never in treatment for this (only anxiety)...

PS: I was never arrested or charged or interviewed or questioned by the police for anything) the only agency that dealt with me was the benefits agency...

Is this information shared on a DBS check? I can't see how it would be..

does anyone know?

GO