theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

EU Settlement Scheme Pre-Settled Status

EU Settlement Scheme Pre-Settled Status

Author
Davy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, so, about two weeks ago I got conditional caution for harassment without violence, I send unwanted messages, some have been sexual nature. As a result, by police I'm not dangerous or anything like that and they say it will not be on my criminal record. Anyway, I did mention this when submitted form for EU Settlement Scheme. I didn't had any other problems with police in my life in UK or any other country. I can't see and directly contact that person for 6 months. How can it affect my application and what to expect? I got today letter from them that they started working on my application. By the way, I'm 20 years old, so, maybe they should be less stricter to me because of my very young age? And offence isn't violence or something like that.

Edit: So, they reduce length time. I can't see that person for 3 months and I need to write apology letter.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Davy
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Davy - 19 Nov 20 2:45 PM
Hi, so, about two weeks ago I got conditional caution for harassment without violence, I send unwanted messages, some have been sexual nature. As a result, by police I'm not dangerous or anything like that and they say it will not be on my criminal record. Anyway, I did mention this when submitted form for EU Settlement Scheme. I didn't had any other problems with police in my life in UK or any other country. I can't see and directly contact that person for 6 months. How can it affect my application and what to expect? I got today letter from them that they started working on my application. By the way, I'm 20 years old, so, maybe they should be less stricter to me because of my very young age? And offence isn't violence or something like that.

Your application will be processed by the Home Office, or one of its agencies. They have the right to check your police record and see the conditional caution, so you did the right thing in telling them. You don't have a conviction, so they shouldn't use your conditional caution against you. It doesn't affect your period of continuous residence, so let's hope you get your pre-settled status OK.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO