theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Thoughts from a court reporter

Thoughts from a court reporter

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
khafka - 30 Nov 20 1:11 PM
A little ironic where they mention about the first thing out of people's mouths when they read it is hate and bile and when you look at the comments on the article they are filled with hate and bile as if they learned nothing from it...

I'm not sure if it was intentional but I also found it a little bit funny when they were talking about how they produce their articles to rile people up on purpose and how it's bad. There is then an advert in the middle of the article with such titles as:

Teen sex beast freed to strike again

Evil rapist jailed for 25 years

6709gary bringing the pain though with this:

"Nothing will get done all this Andy pandy approach we have these days I’m not surprised they get a cell away from other inmates (for their own protection) nice warm bed with tv and meals throughout the day.     
In America,      

The convicted child offenders have or get offered chemical castration, and afterwards, in their own words, feel “normal” as they don’t have the urge to look or have an attraction to view or harm young children.     

So why the heck don’t we have this in uk?!     

No choice just do it.     

A leopard can’t change its spots so let’s protect the young and forget their human rights they lost that when they took away the innocents of a child."

So if a leopard can't change it's spots he's basically saying rehabilitation doesn't work. I don't agree but lets run with that. Why not just kill all offenders. Whats the point in wasting money keeping them locked up? I include burglars, drug dealers, folk done for fraud. Every crime. After all, people can't change. They made their choice.

Comments like this used to anger and almost frighten me at one point but now they just make me laugh. Picturing some manny or wifey frothing at the mouth on Facebook or whatever at a picture of someone they have never met, from somewhere they've never been getting them in a tizzy.

Hi
All I can say to those quoting " a leopard can't change it's spots or rehabilitation doesn't work." and suggesting punishments such as "castration" is, "does this also apply to murderers, drug dealers etc that all destroy lives?" Think on how some are in a manner that is grotestly worse than many actual Sex Offences.

I remember discussing the legal limits surrounding "coercion" in offences with my PO when on licence. (Random conversation nothing to do with my offence)
I offered the example - how many partners have persuaded, by one means or another, their partner to have sex when originally the partner had stated they NO?. They did not know the answer and could not see the relevance.

I offered the following as relevance:
"with strangers it could be classed as "R--E. Therefore as sex education to certain age groups promently speak of "not giving into peer/partner pressure to have sex", so should that not the case in a "mature relationship, therefore implying R--E has been committed? As a figure of how manner do this would not be properly gained, I would suggest that they are higher that the percentages of the population who commit a sex offence.
Therefore it could be suggested that a high, yet unknown, number of society have / are committing a sex offence without being punished.
That would include those writing and offering punishments such as written about above! 

I was informed I was thinking too deep about what is and what is not an offence!

It could be argued that the majority of the human race has committed a sex offence when using the understanding of sex offences by today's society

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A little ironic where they mention about the first thing out of people's mouths when they read it is hate and bile and when you look at the comments on the article they are filled with hate and bile as if they learned nothing from it...

I'm not sure if it was intentional but I also found it a little bit funny when they were talking about how they produce their articles to rile people up on purpose and how it's bad. There is then an advert in the middle of the article with such titles as:

Teen sex beast freed to strike again

Evil rapist jailed for 25 years

6709gary bringing the pain though with this:

"Nothing will get done all this Andy pandy approach we have these days I’m not surprised they get a cell away from other inmates (for their own protection) nice warm bed with tv and meals throughout the day.     
In America,      

The convicted child offenders have or get offered chemical castration, and afterwards, in their own words, feel “normal” as they don’t have the urge to look or have an attraction to view or harm young children.     

So why the heck don’t we have this in uk?!     

No choice just do it.     

A leopard can’t change its spots so let’s protect the young and forget their human rights they lost that when they took away the innocents of a child."

So if a leopard can't change it's spots he's basically saying rehabilitation doesn't work. I don't agree but lets run with that. Why not just kill all offenders. Whats the point in wasting money keeping them locked up? I include burglars, drug dealers, folk done for fraud. Every crime. After all, people can't change. They made their choice.

Comments like this used to anger and almost frighten me at one point but now they just make me laugh. Picturing some manny or wifey frothing at the mouth on Facebook or whatever at a picture of someone they have never met, from somewhere they've never been getting them in a tizzy.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
punter99 - 30 Nov 20 11:01 AM
This article contains some good points, after you get through the first couple of paragraphs, and the comments are interesting too.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/need-talk-cornwalls-online-child-4727916

Hi
As ever you have found a thought provoking article that I / we can personally relate to, in nearly its entirety, as we have discussed before in other posts.

The journalist has been open in mentioning his aims when reporting on this subject, but in the end, I am not reading "their full" admittance to the part they play in fueling the "reality" of the punishment of the offenders family or their "rehabilitation" to accept a change in it style is required.
We all know that any subject of this nature, that a reader can or think they can relate to, will create emotional responses of a vindictive nature. In a minor way it is the same with the offender responding to a sentence they feel is too harsh, there is confusion because they do not know all the true events/reasons of the offence just the headlines, the same as we do not know the actual decisions behind our sentences. We always defend ourselves by lashing out.

In my meaningless opinion, the comments section show the true aim of the article. The author has gained "followers/ readers" to future work. They have generated a conversation with the paper as the oracle.
In short; as the apology from one commenter posts to his original comment shows, the article has provided a common focus on alienating certain individuals - and their "comforters/supporters", or in other words placing them in perdition. 

We learn our greatest lessons when we pay the highest price

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This article contains some good points, after you get through the first couple of paragraphs, and the comments are interesting too.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/need-talk-cornwalls-online-child-4727916

GO