theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Police intelligence

Police intelligence

Author
Dougal1
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)Supreme Being (138 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi just waiting for my dbs check back for a job as a support worker anyway about 5-6 year ago my ex made a malicious allegation that I injured my son, anyway was asked to pop down for a voulantary interview wasn't even booked in, was asked questions for about 10 minutes then sent on my way, said they will be in touch anyway got a phone call an hour after saying nothing's happening no case to answer, do you think this will appear on police intelligence on my dbs? Cheers
Was
Was
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Dougal1 - 1 Dec 20 8:54 AM
Hi just waiting for my dbs check back for a job as a support worker anyway about 5-6 year ago my ex made a malicious allegation that I injured my son, anyway was asked to pop down for a voulantary interview wasn't even booked in, was asked questions for about 10 minutes then sent on my way, said they will be in touch anyway got a phone call an hour after saying nothing's happening no case to answer, do you think this will appear on police intelligence on my dbs? Cheers

There is probably a note on the police database of the interview, but this is separate. They are only meant to include things in the DBS from their database that are considered relevant and from your description it isn't.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

Was - 2 Dec 20 10:13 AM
Dougal1 - 1 Dec 20 8:54 AM

There is probably a note on the police database of the interview, but this is separate. They are only meant to include things in the DBS from their database that are considered relevant and from your description it isn't.

I agree. They might have made a note for future reference, for your protection as much as anyone else's, but I would say it doesn't meet the statutory standard for disclosure.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO