theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Enhanced DBS

Enhanced DBS

Author
E Jones
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)Supreme Being (434 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi..... I've applied for a carers job, which requires a enhanced DBS. On the job application form I ticked the box for YES " do you have any cautions or convictions what are spent or unspent" then wrote would prefer to discuss if interview is offered. So I had my telephone interview it went well, and no mention of criminal record from the manager interviewing me. My references have been checked with success. I have been asked to go to the potential workplace on Monday and to bring all my documents to do the application for the DBS. So what do I do? Why haven't they asked before I go to do the DBS application? Any advice would be great..... I have a caution from a public order offence (Affray) in 2003... I believe this will never be filtered. Thanks guys & girls 
GO